Interesting news from Ireland. The Irish Government has revised its terms for the Golden Investor Visa Ireland and reduced drastically the requirements.
Changes have been applied in July 2013 due to the low response from the outside, it is said that only 9 Visas have been confirmed until this stage. With this changes, Ireland is as attractive as Portugal and Spain!:
Basic information on Golden Investor Visa Ireland:
- Similar to other countries there are different schemes for Investors, Entrepreneurs, Students, high qualified workers
- Visa will be granted for 2 years, renewed for another 3 years and after that renewed every 5 years
- It is stipulated that you visit Ireland once in 12 months
- Like in other countries you need to have a clean history (no jail, older than 18 years, invest need to come from a country that is not a fiscal island!)
- You can do your investment via a foreign company if you can prove that you own the majority of this company
- Investment in government bonds of 1 Million Euro
- Investment in companies of 0,5 Million Euro for a min. of 3 years
- New: investment fund that invests in companies: 0,5 Million Euro
- A mixed investment of 0,950 Euro (450.000 in residential property and 500.000 in immigrant investor bond)
- If you are paying tuition fees for Irish educational institutions it might be recognised
We consider the Golden Investor Visa Ireland as interesting place to apply for a Golden Investor Visa to Europe via Ireland as it there are many opportunities in real estate and business. But be aware that Ireland is not part of the Schengen Visa treaty which will complicate your travel within Europe.